This article describes the at least necessary permission granted to an EA user.
The permissions necessary to work with the Enterprise Architect (in an agile environment) are:
- Configure Packages – Configure controlled Packages and Package properties.
- Generate Documents – Generate document and web reports from model Packages.
- Generate Source Code and DDL – Generate source code and DDL from a model element, and synchronize code against model elements if it already exists.
- Lock Elements – Lock an element or Package.
- Manage Diagrams – Create new diagrams, copy and delete existing diagrams, and publish a diagram as a Pattern.
- Reverse Engineer from DDL and Source Code – Reverse engineer from source code or ODBC, and synchronize model elements against code.
- Update Diagrams – Update diagram appearance, properties and layout, including on the ‘Page Setup’ dialog.
- Update Elements – Save model changes (including deletions) for elements, Packages, and relationships.