Replication makes many changes to the database structure of your model, so the model file becomes considerably larger with additional information; you might, therefore, decide not to use the Replication feature any more.
Ribbon: Configure > Model > Check Integrity > Manage .EAP File > Remove Replication
How do I do that?
- Running Enterprise Architect, open a temporary file-based repository.
Important: Do not (!) open that file-based repository for which the Replication feature should be removed!
- Select [Ribbon: Configure > Model > Check Integrity > Manage .EAP File > Remove Replication] to start removing replication process.
- Press [Next >] to start the process.
- Enter the full path and file name of the project to have replication removed; press [Next >] to proceed.
Note: If the repository displays version number 7.0 this indicates that Auditing feature is enabled. Auditing should be disabled before proceeding (see HowTo or Sparx EA User Guide online).
- Enter the full path and file name of the Enterprise Architect base repository (with no replication) to act as template; press [Next >] to proceed.
- Enter the full path and required file name for the output file; press [Next >] to proceed.
- Select whether to have a log file created and, if so, enter a file name for the log file.
- Press [Run] to start removing replication and finish process.
What has just happened?
Enterprise Architect created a new project containing all the model information. Your model has now Replication feature removed, and should be considerably smaller.
And how does it continue?
From now on – for example – it is possible to transfer the file-based repository into a DBMS-based repository using the Projekt Transfer feature.
- Only file-based repositories can be processed.
- Currently repositories in
FEAPformat are not supported