tips for modeling BPMN gateways in Enterprise Architect.
- The concrete characteristics of gateways – exclusive, complex, inclusive, parallel or event-based – are either selected in the diagram when the object is created (pop-up menu) or switched (later) via the [Element Properties] view in the [Type] field of the BPMN-specific Tagged Values.
- Die Anzeige des “X” bei exklusiven Gateways ist explizit über die Ansicht [Element Properties] im Feld [Exclusive Gateway | markerVisible] der BPMN-spezifischen Tagged Values einzuschalten.
- The display of the “X” for exclusive gateways has to be done explicitly via the [Element Properties] view in the [Exclusive Gateway | markerVisible] of the BPMN-specific Tagged Values.
- Always turn on the “X” indicator on exclusive gateways.
- In your modeling guidelines, set preferences and rules that process modelers must always enable to display the “X” on exclusive gateways.
Additional Information: BPMN Reference: Gateways • BPMN Overview
Take advantage of our training offer or
design your individual training at a place of your choice.