Below you will find general information as well as further links on the subject of Model-Driven Software Development (MDSD).
We provide you with an UML Quick Reference Guide and examples and would like to give you useful tips on using UML in Enterprise Architect. You will also find links to further information here.
Understand UML as a standard! It is therefore very important to adhere to the meaning of the symbols specified in the specification. An overly individual interpretation of this standard can easily lead to misinterpretations of the target audience. For a uniform application of the various constructs, it is important to familiarize all persons involved in the modeling (analysts, modelers, target persons) with the UML symbols and to train them with tailor-made training.
Use UML for what it was made for, namely to model software systems!
Since UML contains a large number of – in some cases more technical – symbols, it is advisable to make a suitable selection of symbols for your purposes and make them binding at the beginning of the modeling.
Below are links to specifications and related information, as well as helpful examples:
- Unified Modeling Language Specification in der aktuellen Version » OMG
- UML Ressourcen » UML.org
- UML – Knowhow, Diagrams, Examples » uml-diagrams.org
- UML 2.5 Notation Overview (UML Poster) » oose
- UML Metamodel (online) » SparxSystems Central Europe
- UML – Introduction, Concepts » Wikiversery
- Definieren eines UML Profiles zur Spracherweiterung » Microsoft
- Begriffserklärung UML-Use-Case-Diagramm (Anwendungsfalldiagramm) Teil 2
- Begriffserklärung UML-Use-Case-Diagramm (Anwendungsfalldiagramm)
- Die unterschiedlichen Diagrammtypen in UML