you will find general information as well as further links on Business Process Modeling.
Model and Notation
Understand BPMN as a standard! It is therefore very important to adhere to the meaning of the symbols specified in the specification. An overly individual interpretation of this standard can easily lead to misinterpretations of the target audience. For a uniform application of the various constructs, it is important to familiarize all persons involved in the modeling (analysts, modellers, target persons) with the BPMN symbols and to train them with tailor-made training.
Use BPMN for what it was made for, namely to model processes!
Since BPMN contains a large number of – sometimes even more technical – symbols, it is advisable to make a suitable selection of symbols for your purpose and make them binding at the beginning of the modeling (you will find an exemplary modeling guideline in the link collection below).
- Modelling BPMN Process Flows with EA 15 » YouTube
- Business Process Modeling and Notation (BPMN) by OMG in actual edition
- BPMN.org – Quick Guide, Examples, Resources, Tool Support
- BPMN 2.0 Poster
- Geschäftsprozessmodellierung: Einführung in die BPMN (Seminararbeit)
- Geschäftsprozesse grafisch darstellen – Der Einsatz von BPMN aus Geschäftssicht (eCH-0074) » eCH
Known Problems / Workarounds:
- BPMN Import from Camunda/Signavio: Font Size in Diagrams
- BPMN Import from Camunda/Signavio: Activities with Boundary Events
- Import BPMN Processes from other tools
- BPMN with EA: An Example
- BPMN with EA: Subprocess Activities
- BPMN with EA: Call Activities
- BPMN with EA: Task Activities
- BPMN with EA: Intermediate Events
- BPMN with EA: End Events
- BPMN with EA: Start Events
- BPMN with EA: Gateways - Branching Sequence Flow
- BPMN with EA: Gateways
- BPMN with EA: Participants - Pools and Lanes
- Diagram Selection - No or Too Few Diagram Types
- Formal Specifications