At the target system the following products must be installed, ready to use and licensed:
- Enterprise Architect: version 7.5 or higher Ultimate / Systems Engineering / Business & Software Engineering Edition (only those editions include a valid licence for the MDG Integration Add-In).
- Microsoft Visual Studio: version 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 or 2013 Professional / Enterprise / Community Edition – but no Express editions!
Some versions of Visual Studio doesn’t install the “Team Explorer for Visual Studio” by default; but this plug-in is needed by the MDG Integration Add-In.
First check if “Team Explorer” is installed:
Open Visual Studio.
- Open Menu [Help].
- Open “About Microsoft Visual Studio”.
- Check for an entry like “Team Explorer”: if so, the plug-in is installed and Visual Studio can be closed.
- Otherwise a suitable version of the “Team Explorer” bave to be downloaded and installed.
- Check again (steps 1-4).
- Download of the lastest Trial version of “MDG Integration for Visual Studio”.
- Make sure that no application instance of Visual Studio or Enterprise Architect is running.
- Install the “MDG Integration for Visual Studio” using the defaults.
Check if “MDG Integration for Visual Studio” works:
- Open Visual Studio and create a new project.
- Attach an existing EA model repository (.EAP file) to the project:
- Open [Project] menu.
- Choose (new) menu item [Attach UML Model].
- Choose option [Attach an Existing Model] and press [OK].
- Select an existing EA model repository (.EAP file).
- Now we should have the following situation:
- A new window “EA Project Explorer” was opened and shows model tree of the selected EA repository.
- In “Solution Explorer” window the selected EA repository was added under “Solution Items”.
- In the “EA Project Explorer” window all TFS relevant functions are available in the context menu of packages/elements (menu item [Team Foundation Server]).
- The Enterprise Architect Applikation application can be started from inside Visual Studio (context menu item [Open in Enterprise Architect] of packages/elements).