A computer workstation that has been set up to participate in Zoom Meetings can be easily checked for correct function with the help of a test meeting.
Use the following steps to check the zoom setup:
- Open your browser and navigate to
- Confirm your participation in the meeting using “Join“.
- You will now be asked whether you hear a ringtone via your selected audio output device (“loudspeaker”); if this is not the case, select a different device for the audio output from the list. Confirm the correct audio output with “Yes” to continue.
- You will now be asked to speak a few words and then pause; Now your words are played back on the audio output device and you are asked whether you hear them; if this is not the case, select a different device for audio input (“microphone”) from the list. Confirm the correct audio input/output with “Yes” to continue.
- Now confirm the operational readiness of the loudspeaker and microphone using “Join the audio via computer” and complete the check of the audio input/output using “Join the audio via computer“.